- 18th Edition Books
- 18th Edition Certificates
- 18th Edition Softwares
- Calibration Checkboxes
- Earth Loop Testers
- Earth Testers
- EMF Meters
- Insulations & Continuity Testers
- Multifunction Testers
- Power Quality Analysers
- Production Line Safety Testers
- Proving Units
- RCD Testers
- Socket Testers And Adaptors
- Test Equipment Kits
- Voltage Testers
Martindale ET4000 Multifunction Tester
Martindale ET4000 Multifunction Tester Details
Buy the Martindale ET4000 and receive a FREE Martindale VT25 voltage tester and a FREE LOKKITBASE locking off kit. You can also choose another item completely FREE of Charge from the “Select an Offer” column on this page. Hurry, this offer is only available for a limited time only, while stocks last!!
Suitable for use with domestic, commercial and industrial wiring installations, the Martindale ET4000 is ideal for any professional electrical installer.
Designed to make installation testing as simple as possible, the ET4000 performs all necessary testing procedures, including insulation resistance at 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V, continuity testing at 200mA and 8.5mA, loop resistance and PFC (with dual display), auto RCD and ramp tests plus TRMS voltage, frequency and phase sequence.
Results are shown in two ways. A full test reading is displayed on the ET4000’s high quality backlit LCD screen, and dual LED indicators will illuminate with a red/green light for tests that FAIL/PASS.
The ET4000 also includes built-in new third amendment Zs loop impedance and help screens to guide users through every aspect of the testing process. When testing loop, this tester won’t trip the circuit and performs automatic polarity and wiring checks.
Martindale ET4000 Multifunction Tester Key Features
- Dual red and green LED indicators for instant display of PASS/FAIL
- Built-in new third amendment Zs loop impedance tables and help screens
- Automatic polarity and wiring check upon connection
- Auto RCD and ramp tests with all results shown simultaneously on the same screen
- TRMS voltage and phase rotation measurements
- Fast, reliable high current and non-trip loop testing
- Insulation resistance testing at 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V
- Continuity testing at 200mA and 8.5mA
- Loop resistance and PFC calculations with dual display
- Auto RCD and ramp test – 10, 30, 100, 300, 500, 1000MA for AC, A, F and S RCDs
- Slimline remote start probe allows tests to be activated without touching the tester
- Graphical display with integrated help screens to guide through tests
- 300V CAT IV and 600V CAT III safety rated
- Handheld, comfortable design
- Martindale ET4000 Multifunction Tester
- MARTL36 MFT 3 Lead Set
- TL207 MFT Mains Lead Set
- TL180 Remote Start Probe
- Soft Carry Case and Strap
- Quick Start Guide Plus Full User Guide on CD
- Calibration Verification Certificate
- Rechargeable Batteries
Martindale ET4000 Technical Specifications
|Continuity Resistance||Test current 200mA 2-wire||0.00Ω – 19.99Ω
20.0Ω – 199.9Ω
200.0Ω – 1999Ω
|0.01Ω||±(3% of rdg + 3 digits)
±(5% of rdg)
±(5% of rdg)
|Insulation Resistance||Test voltage
|0.00MΩ – 19.99MΩ
20.0MΩ – 99.9MΩ
100.0MΩ – 199.9MΩ
|±(5% of rdg + 3 digits)
±(10% of rdg)
±(20% of rdg)
|Test voltage 500/1000 V||0.00MΩ – 19.99MΩ
20.0MΩ – 199.9MΩ
200MΩ – 999MΩ
|±(5% of rdg + 3 digits)
±(5% of rdg)
±(10% of rdg)
|RCD Testing||RCD Uc||0.00V – 19.9V
20.0V – 99.9V
|0.1V||(-0%/+15%) of rdg ± 10 digits
(-0%/+15% of rdg)
|RCD t||0.00 ms – 40.0 ms
0.0 ms – max.time
|RCD I ramp||0.2xIΔN – 1.1xIΔN (AC type)
0.2xIΔN – 1.5xIΔN (A type, IΔN ≥30 mA)
0.2xIΔN – 2.2xIΔN (A type, IΔN <30 mA)
|Line/Loop Impedance||Zline L-L, L-N Ipsc||L-L, L-N Ipsc
0.00Ω – 9.99Ω
10.0Ω – 99.9Ω
100Ω – 999Ω
1.00kΩ – 9.99kΩ
|±(5% of rdg + 5 digits)
±(10% of rdg)
|Zloop L-PE, Ipfc||0.00Ω – 9.99Ω
10.0Ω – 99.9Ω
100Ω – 999Ω
1.00kΩ – 9.99kΩ
|±(5% of rdg+ 5 digits)
±(10% of rdg)
|Voltage||TRMS||0 – 550V||1V||±(2% of rdg + 2 digits)|
|Frequency||0.00Hz – 9.99Hz
10.0Hz – 499.9Hz
|±(0.2% of rdg + 1 digits)|
|Earth Resistance (ET4500 Only)||3 wire||0.00Ω – 19.99Ω
20.0Ω – 199.9Ω
200.0Ω – 9999Ω
|±(5% of rdg + 5 digits)|
|General Data||Power Supply||9 VDC (6 x 1.5 V alkaline or rechargeable,
|Measurement Category||CAT III 600V
CAT IV 300V
|Protection Classification||Double insulation|
|COM Ports||RS232 USB|
|Size (L x H x W)||230 x 103 x 115mm|
Fluke 1663 Multifunction Installation Tester with Free T130 & DMS Software0 out of 5(0)
Fluke 1663 Multifunction Installation Tester with Free T130 & DMS Software Details
Buy the 1663 and get a Free T130 Voltage Tester, and a copy of Fluke’s DMS software package!
Terms and conditions apply. Only available while stocks last.
Introducing the Fluke 1663 – the new, improved version of the Fluke 1653B Multifunction Tester.
The Fluke 1663 includes everything a professional electrical installer needs including a huge variety of different measurement functions, built-in memory storage and download and fast, easy-to-configure testing procedures.
Several new functions are included on the 1663 which weren’t found on the original 1653B. These are:
- Continuity checks at L-N, L-PE and N-PE inputs
- On/off switchable auto starts for RCD and loop testing
- Z max memory
- Heavy duty mains cord with single input connector
On top of these new functions you can also expect all of the typical measurements you’ll need such as voltage (AC/DC), frequency, wiring polarity, insulation resistance, loop/line resistance, prospective earth fault current (PEFC/IK), prospective short-circuit current (PSC/IK) and several RCD measurement modes such as RCD tyip time, ramp test (RCD trip current) and more.
Thanks to built-in memory storage, the Fluke 1663 makes it significantly easier to log your testing results (ideal for jobs where you’ll be testing a wide variety of different electrical installations). This data can be stored and viewed back on the tester or can be transferred across to PC and interacted with further using either FlukeView or Fluke DMS software packages (sold separately).
Fluke 1663 Multifunction Tester Key Features
- The new, upgraded version of Fluke’s popular 1653B multifunction tester
- NEW – continuity checks at L-N, L-E and N-PE inputs
- NEW – On/off switchable auto start for RCD and loop testing
- NEW – Z max memory
- NEW – Heavy duty mains cord with single input connector
- Suitable for testing smooth, DC-sensitive RCDs (Type B/B+)
- True RMS AC/DC voltage measurements
- Frequency measurements
- Wiring polarity checker – detects broken PE and N wires
- Insulation resistance measurements
- Continuity and resistance measurements – includes motor winding testing with continuity test at 10mA
- Loop and line resistance measurements
- Prospective earth fault current (PEFC/IK) measurements
- Prospective short-circuit current (PSC/IK) measurements
- RCD trip time function
- RCD trip current (ramp test)
- Measure trip time and current for A/AC type RCDs in one test
- RCD variable test current
- Automatic RCD test sequence
- Phase sequence test
- Self-testing function
- Illuminated display for use in different lighting conditions
- Integrated memory for storing data
- IR-USB interface for download to PC (requires use of optional Fluke DMS or FlukeView Software packages to view data – sold separately)
- Remote probe makes it easier to activate testing results without holding the tester
- Fluke 1663 Multifunction Installation Tester
- 6 x AA (IEC LR6) Cell Batteries
- C1600 Hard Carrying Case
- Zero Adapter
- Heavy-Duty Mains Cord
- STD Standard Test Lead Set
- Padded Carrying and Waist Strap
- Quick Reference
- TP165X Remote Control Probe and Lead Set
- User Manual on CD ROM
Fluke 1660 Series Differences
There are three models in the 1600 series – the 1662, the 1663 and the 1664 FC.
This table outlines the difference between the three units.
Measurement Function 1662 1663 1664 FC Insulation-PreTest Safety Function NEW – – √ Insulation at L-N, L-PE and N-PE inputs NEW – – √ Auto Test Sequence NEW – – √ Loop and Line Resistance with mΩ Resolution – – √ Continuity at L-N, P-PE and N-PE Inputs NEW – √ √ Test Smooth, DC-Sensitive RCDs (Type B/B+) – √ √ Earth Resistance – √ √ Voltage TRMS (AC/DC) and Frequency √ √ √ Wiring Polarity Checker (Detects Broken PE and N Wires) √ √ √ Insulation Resistance √ √ √ Continuity and Resistance √ √ √ Measure Motor Windings with Continuity Test (@10mA) √ √ √ Loop/Line Resistance √ √ √ Prospective Earth Fault Current (PEFC/IK) √ √ √ Prospective Short-Circuit Current (PSC/IK) √ √ √ RCD Trip Time √ √ √ RCD Trip Current (Ramp Test) √ √ √ Measure Trip Time/Current for RCD type A/AC in One Test √ √ √ RCD Variable Test Current √ √ √ Automatic RCD Test Sequence √ √ √ Phase Sequence Test √ √ √ Other Features Fluke Connect Compatibility NEW – – √ ShareLive Calling NEW – – √ Fluke Cloud Stroage NEW – – √ On/Off Switchable Auto Start for RCD and Loop Tests √ √ √ Self Test √ √ √ Illuminated Display √ √ √ Memory/Interface Z Max Memory NEW – √ √ Memory – √ √ IR-USB and BLE Interface (use with optional Fluke DMS software and FVF) – IR-USB IR-USB/BLE
Part Code: 4864745(Size: 7.2 MB)(Size: 1 MB)(Size: 7.2 MB)
Fluke 1600 Series Technical Specifications
AC/DC Voltage (TRMS) Range Resolution Input Impedance Overload Protection 500V 0.1V 3.3MΩ 660V rms Continuity Testing (Rlo) Range (Autoranging) Resolution Open Circuit Voltage 20Ω 0.01Ω >4V 200Ω 0.1Ω 2000Ω 1Ω Insulation Resistance Measurement (Riso) Model Number Test Voltages 1662 100, 250, 500 and 1000V 1663/1664 FC 50, 100, 250, 500 and 1000V Test Voltage Insulation Resistance Range Resolution Test Current 50V 20MΩ/50MΩ 0.01MΩ/0.1MΩ 1mA @ 50kΩ 100V 20MΩ/100MΩ 0.01MΩ/0.1MΩ 1mA @ 100kΩ 250V 20MΩ/200MΩ 0.01MΩ/0.1MΩ 1mA @ 250kΩ 500V 20MΩ/200MΩ/500MΩ 0.01MΩ/0.1MΩ/1MΩ 1mA @ 500kΩ 1000V 20MΩ/200MΩ/1000MΩ 0.01MΩ/0.1MΩ/1MΩ 1mA @ 1MΩ Insulation Pretest Insulation Safety Pretest Requires the unit to be connected to L, N and PE Loop and Line Impedance (Zi) Range Resolution 10Ω (Hi current mΩ mode) 20Ω/200Ω/2000Ω 1mΩ / 0.01Ω / 0.1Ω / 1Ω RCD Testing Model Number Types Tested 1662 AC, G, S, A/F 1663/1664 FC A/F, AC, B/B+, G and S RCD Trip Time Test (ΔT) Current Range Step Size Dwell Time Measurement Accuracy Type G Type S 30 to 110% of RCD Rated Current 10% of index IΔN 300ms/step 500ms/step ±5% Notes
30 % to 210 % for Type A IΔN = 10mA
20 % to 210 % for Type B
Specified trip current ranges (EN 61008-1):
50 % to 100 % for Type AC
35 % to 140 % for Type A (>10 mA)
35 % to 200 % for Type A (≤10 mA)
50 % to 200 % for Type B
Earth Resistance Test (RE) – Only Available On 1664 FC and 1663 Range Resolution Frequency Output Voltage 200Ω 0.1Ω 128Hz 25V 2000Ω 1Ω 128Hz 25V Phase Sequence Indication Icon Range Display Shows icon when active 100 to 500V 1-2-3 or 3-2-1 General Specifications Dimensions 10cm (L) x 25cm (W) x 12.5cm (H) Weight (Including Batteries) Approx 1.3kg Battery Size 1.5V type AA (IEC LR6) x 6 Sealing IP40 Safety Complies with IEC/EN61010-1, UL61010, ANSI/ISA – s82.02.01 and CAN/CSA c22.2 No. 1010 Overvoltage CAT III 500V, CAT IV 300V Performance EC/EN61557-1 to IEC/EN61557-7 and IEC/EN61557-10SKU: n/a
Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board w/ Protective Devices0 out of 5(0)
Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board w/ Protective Devices Details
The Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board with Protective Devices is intended for use by sales personnel demonstrating Metrel’s multifunction installation testers with AUTOSEQUENCES.
It is designed to simulate electrical installations commonly found in houses and apartments; as such it includes the following electrical components:
- Mains switch
- Automatic fuses
- 1-phase mains test outlet
- 3-phase mains test outlet
- N and PE collector
These components facilitate the user’s ability to connect to a single- or three-phase supply system and can also be used to simulate TN or TT systems with or without RCDs.
It is possible to demonstrate all standardised testing methods using this board and it is ideal for demonstrating the AUTOSEQUENCES present on the Metrel Eurotest AT and Eurotest XA Multifunction Installation Testers.
The Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board is supplied in a durable, strong carrying case with a handle, ensuring that it can be transported easily and safely between demonstrations.
The Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board with Protective Devices is a portable, durable, practical demonstration board ideal for sales personnel demonstrating the capabilities and uses of Metrel’s multifunction installation testers with AUTOSEQUENCES.
Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board with Protective Devices Key Features
- Intended for use by sales personnel demonstrating Metrel’s multifunction installation testers with AUTOSEQUENCES
- Designed to simulate electrical installations commonly found in houses and apartments
- Includes RCDs
- Features a mains switch
- Contains automatic fuses
- Features switches
- Includes lamps
- Includes a 1-phase mains test outlet
- Includes a 3-phase mains test outlet
- Features an N and PE collector
- Can be connected to a single- or three-phase supply system
- Can be used to simulate a TN or TT system with or without RCDs
- Demonstrate all standardised testing methods using this board
- Ideal for demonstrating the AUTOSEQUENCES present on Metrel’s Eurotest AT and Eurotest XA Multifunction Installation Testers
- Supplied in a durable, strong carrying case with a handle
- A portable, durable, practical demonstration board
- Ideal for sales personnel demonstrating the capabilities and uses of Metrel’s multifunction installation testers with AUTOSEQUENCES
- Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board with Protective Devices
- Special Probe, 3 pcs
- Mains Cable
- Three Phase to One Phase Adapter
- Instruction Manual
- Calibration Certificate
Part Code: MI3099(Size: 208.7 KB)
Metrel MI3099 Low-Voltage Demonstration Board with Protective Devices Technical Specifications
Technical Data Power supply 230 V / 400 V, 50 Hz Overvoltage category CAT II / 300 V Dimensions 480 × 387 × 136 mm Weight 5 kg Standards Electromagnetic compatibility IEC/EN 61326 Safety IEC/EN 61010-1SKU: n/a
Megger MFT1711-BS Multifunction Tester0 out of 5(0)
Megger MFT1711-BS Multifunction Tester Details
New to the electrical installation industry, or looking for a robust, easy-to-use and low cost unit for your tests? Megger’s 1711 is an ideal starting point for any electrical installer, combining together all the basic tests you need with intuitive, lightweight and safe design.
The next generation, upgraded version of Megger’s highly popular 1710 multifunction tester, the 1711 includes a number of new features designed to make electrical installation testing easier than ever before. You can still expect the same Megger quality you’d expect from previous models in the series, and that’s exactly why countless installers trust Megger multifunction testers as their tool of choice every single day.
The Megger 1711 multifunction tester is suitable for use on domestic, commercial and industrial fixed wire low voltage installations in accordance with the requirements of BS7671.
What’s New for the 1711?
As the new version of the 1710, the 1711 comes with a selection of brand new features for an entry-level electrical installation testing tool.
- Expanded Insulation Resistance Test Voltage Range to 1kV (1000V) – in the past, the 1000V test voltage was only found on higher-end models in the series
- Max Zs Display – testing final ring circuits? It’s quick and easy thanks to the new, large-size Max Zs display on the Megger 1711. There’s no need to write down Zs values as you check every socket on a ring; the 1711 will automatically identify and store the highest value you measure
- True RMS Voltage Measurements – rest assured that your AC voltage measurements are as accurate as possible, even on irregular waveforms, thanks to true RMS included as standard
- Automatic RCD Testing – take the hassle out of testing RCDs as the Megger 1711 will do it all for you complete with 10mA RCD and programmable (VAR) RCD compatibility. There’s no need to press the test button – tests will start automatically when you apply probes to the circuit (this also works for continuity/loop testing)
Wide Range of Electrical Installation Testing Procedures
When you’re using the Megger 1711 multifunction tester, you’ll see just how much easier your electrical testing can truly become.
The 1711 gives you quick, easy access to all of your testing procedures via colour-coded rotary dials and dual testing buttons on either side of the MFT make it easy to activate a test, regardless of where you’re working.
You can expect all of the following measurement procedures when using the MFT1711:
- Continuity/Resistance – complete with 200mA range and automatic continuity test start
- Insulation Resistance – including test voltage display, full protection against live circuits and selectable test voltages of 1kV (1000V), 500V and 250V
- Earth Loop Impedance – 2-wire no trip test (L-PE), 3 wire no trip test (L-PE), 2 wire high current testing and the ability to display PSCC or PFC calculations alongside loop resistance for easier measurements. Also includes the Zmax value function
- RCD – compatible with 10, 300, 300 and 500mA RCDs, as well as type A, AC, S and programmable RCDs. Can perform 1/2, I, I and 5 I tests plus includes automatic RCD tests, ramp tests, 0 and 180° phase angle and touch voltage display from 0 to 230V
- Voltage Measurements – measure AC/DC voltage from 10V to 600V with true RMS accuracy on AC
Keeping You Safe When Testing
Accidents happen, so the Megger 1711 is made tough and the to the highest standards of safety. As an entry-level tool, having protection in place means the MFT1711 is ideal for new electrical installers who are still training or newly qualified, ensuring that you don’t accidentally connect things up wrong or cause potential danger to yourself or others.
The MFT1711’s safety features include:
- Test Lock Out – the MFT1711 will block the test from going ahead if there’s live voltage on a circuit when you’re trying to measure insulation resistance
- Safe Contact Detection – audible and visual warnings let you know when you’ve done something wrong
- Automatic Discharge – the 1711 will discharge itself after testing, ensuring your safety at all times
- Dust and Weatherproof Casing Rated to IP54 – use the MFT1711 confidently in all conditions
- CAT IV 300V Safety Rating – work on any part of an installation without having to carry out risk assessments about the level of supply transients present
- Megger MFT1711-BS Multifunction Tester
- Hard Carrying Case
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- Full User Guide on CD
- Calibration Certificate
- Megger Neck Strap
- 3 Wire Lead Set with Probes + Clips
- Mains Plug Test Lead (BS1363)
Megger MFT1700 Series Comparison Chart
There are three models in the Megger MFT1700 series; the entry-level MFT1711, the mid-range MFT1721 and the advanced MFT1731.
This table outlines the difference between each product in the series.
Model Number MFT1711 MFT1721 MFT1731 Insulation Testing 100V Test Voltage – √ √ 250, 500V Test Voltage √ √ √ 1000V Test Voltage √ √ √ Test Voltage Display √ √ √ Adjustable Buzzer Threshold – √ √ Continuity and Resistance Testing 200mA Test √ √ √ 15mA Test – √ √ Adjustable Buzzer Threshold √ √ √ Loop Testing 2 and 3 Wire Non-Tripping; L-PE (50V to 280V) √ √ √ 2 Wire High Current; L-N (50V to 280V) √ √ √ 2 Wire Phase to Phase; L-L (50V to 500V) – √ √ PSCC and PFC (20kA Max) √ √ √ Max Zs Display √ √ √ R1 + R2 Display – √ – Touch Voltage Display on Faulty Earth √ √ √ Earth Electrode Test 2 and 3 Pole (Requires Optional Accessory) – – √ 3 Pole Art and Stakeless Method (Requires Optional Accessory) – – √ RCD Tests 1/2, 1, 5 x I and Ramp √ √ √ Auto RCD Tests √ v √ Type AC, A and S RCD Compatibility √ √ √ Type B (Pure DC) RCD Compatibility – √ √ Programmable RCD Compatibility √ √ √ 3-Phase RCD (No Earth) Compatibility – √ √ 30, 100, 300 and 500mA RCD Compatibility √ √ √ 10mA and 1000mA RCD Compatibility 10mA only √ √ Additional Features Supply Measurements √ √ √ True RMS √ √ √ Leakage Current Measurements (Requires Optional Accessory) – √ √ Phase Rotation – √ √ Calibration Certificate Included √ √ √ Rechargeable Batteries (with Charger Included) – – √ SP5 Switched Probe Included – √ √ Warranty Upgradeable to 3 Years (FREE) √ √ √ On-Board Memory with Bluetooth Download – – √ CAT IV 300V / CAT III 600V √ √ √ Hard Moulded Case √ √ – Soft Pouch with Additional Storage – – √
There are a number of additional accessories available for the Megger MFT1711-BS Multifunction Tester; please see the table below for details. For further information please contact our sales team prior to purchase.
Our Stock Code Megger’s Part Number Product 1006-408 1006-408 Test & Carry Pouch MFT1700 Series 1005-135 1005-135 Unfused Lead Set Si Red/Blue/Green ICLAMP 1001-012 ICLAMP Current Clamp VCLAMP 1001-013 VCLAMP Voltage Clamp 1010-518 1010-518 MVC1010 Voltage Clamp 1010-516 1010-516 MCC1010 Current Clamp 1011-275 1011-275 MCC1010 Lead Accessory 1011-274 1011-274 MVC1010 Lead Accessory 2007-998 2007-998 XTL50 Extended Test Lead (50 m) 2007-997 2007-997 XTL30 Extended Test Lead (30 m) 2001-649 1004-319 Blow Moulded Case MFT17/1800 MEGMTA4 1004-326 Instrument/Document carry case MEGLOA20 1004-183 DC Car Charger 2.5mm Pin 1007-003 1007-003 Case Catch – Pack of 10 1002-735 1002-735 Battery NiMH (X6) – MFT17/18 1007-463 1007-463 MFT Carry Case – Large 1001-975 1001-975B Fused LeadSet B,R,G F10A 50kAb (Boxed) 1001-977 1001-977B Fused Lead Set Red Green F10A 50kA (Boxed) MEGMTA1 1001-991B Unfused Lead R/G/B, R/B LgTip (Boxed) MEGITA1 1002-001B Unfused Lead Set, Red/Black (Boxed) MEGRCDA4 1002-015B Fused Lead Set, Red/Black (Boxed) 1002-490 1002-490B Prod & Clip Set- MFT/LOOP Boxed 1001-976 1003-132B Unfused Lead Set Red, Green (Boxed) 6220-810 1004-323B SIA10 Interface Adaptor UK 3-Lead(Boxed) 1002-774 1007-157B SP5 Remote Switched Probe (Boxed) 2001-509 1007-161B Carry Strap MFT17/18 Accessory MEGSW1 1000-631 Megger Powersuite Lite – 17th Edition and PAT Certification Software MTB7671 1002-224 MTB7671/2 Megger Test Box Please note that the accessories listed above and the datasheets attached are subject to change. Both were correct at the time of publication.
Part Code: 1008-121(Size: 285 KB)
Megger MFT1711, MFT1721 and MFT1731 Technical Specifications
Please be aware that not all features are available for every model. If a feature is not included on a model, there will be a note next to each section.
Insulation Tests Output Voltage -0 to +20% at rated load or less Voltage Display ±3% ±3 digits ±0.5% of rated voltage Short Circuit Current 1.5mA nominal test current Test Current on Load 1mA at min pass values of insulation Insulation Accuracy 1000V 10kΩ to 999MΩ (±3% ± 2 digits) 500V 10kΩ to 500MΩ (±3% ± 2 digits) >500MΩ (±10% ± 4 digits) 250V 10kΩ to 250Ω (±3% ± 2 digits) >250MΩ (±10% ± 4 digits) 100V 10kΩ to 100MΩ (±3% ± 2 digits) >100MΩ (±10% ± 4 digits) Resistance and Continuity Range and Accuracy 0.01 to 99.9Ω (±2% ± 2 digits) 100 to 99.9kΩ (±5% ± 2 digits) Open Circuit Voltage 5V ± 1V Test Current (0 to 2Ω) 205mA ±5mA 15mA ±5mA (user selectable) Loop Test Live to Earth/Neutral Supply 48 to 280V (45 to 65Hz) Live to Live Supply (Not Available on MFT1711) 48 to 500V (45 to 65Hz) L-N/L-L Tests ±5% ±5 digits L-E Tests 0.1 to 39.9Ω (±5% ±5 digits ± noise margin) 40Ω to 1000Ω (±10% ± 5 digits) Display Range 0.01 to 1000Ω Live to Earth PFC Range 20kA Live to Live PSCC Range 20kA RCD Tests Supply up to 100mA 48 to 480V (45 to 65Hz) Supply up to 1A 48V to 280V RCD Type Type AC, A and S Type B (Pure DC) No-Trip Test (1/2xI) -10 to -0% Trip Test (1xI, 2xI and 5xI) +0 to +10% Ramp Test Touch Voltage (0 to 253V) ±5% +15% ±0.5V Trip Time ±1% ±1ms Trip Current ±5% Step Increments VAR (Variable RCD Selection) 10mA to 50mA 1mA steps 50mA to 500mA 5mA steps 500mA to 1000mA 10mA steps Supply Measurement Voltage 10V to 600V (15 to 400Hz) True RMS Voltage Accuracy ±3% ±1V ±2 digits Phase Rotation Indication L1-L2-L3 and L1-L3-L2 Frequency 15Hz to 99Hz (±0.5% ±1 digit) Frequency Resolution 0.1Hz Power Supply MFT1711 and MFT1721 IEC LR6 type AA alkaline batteries MFT1731 1.2V NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
Mains charger for on-board recharging (4 hours typical)
12V optional car charger available
Earth/Ground Test (MFT1731 Only) Resolution 0.01Ω Current 0.45mA or 4.5mA Noise Rejection 20V pk/pk (7V rms) Max Probe Resistance (Rp and RC) 100kΩ @ 50V 5kΩ at 25V 2 and 3 Pole Method 0.01 to 1.999kΩ (±2.0% ± 3 digits) ART method (1.00Ω to 1.999kΩ) with accuracy of ±5.0% ± 3 digits Stakeless Method 1.00 to 199Ω (±7.0% ± 3 digits) Current (Via Optional Clamp Meter) Range 0.1mA to 200A AC (5.0% ± 3 digits) Resolution 0.1mA MV Sensor Input (MFT1721 and MFT1731) Including Temperature 0.0mV to ±199.9mV DC (±1.0% ± 2 digits) Resolution 0.1mV Data Storage (MFT1731 Only) Capacity 1000 results Communication Bluetooth Safety IEC 61010-1: 2010
IEC 61010-30: 2010
IEC 61010-031: 2008
600V CAT III / CAT IV 300V (Max phase to phase 600V)
IEC 61557: 2007 parts 1 to 10
EMC IEC61326 edition 2 location class B Operating Temperature Range and Humidity -10 to +55°C (90% RH at +40°C max) Storage Temperature Range and Humidity -25 to +70°C Maximum Altitude 2000m Weight (Instrument and Case) 1kg (with batteries) Dimensions (Instrument and Case) – MFT1711 and MFT1721 150mm x 85 x 235mm (H x W x D) Dimensions (Instrument and Case) – MFT1731 220 x 390 x 285mm (H x W x D) IP Rating IP54 Calibration Temperature +20°C Temperature Coefficient <0.1% per °CSKU: n/a
Metrel MI3125E Multifunction Tester0 out of 5(0)
Metrel MI3125E Multifunction Tester Details
Note: the MI3125E is a special version of the Metrel MI3125 Multifunction Tester which also has the capability to perform earth spike tests. To do so, you will also require an optional Metrel earth spike kit (sold separately).
Combining together true portable design with a huge range of testing procedures, the Metrel MI3125E is a multifunction installation tester that’s ideal for any professional wanting to carry out extensive electrical testing on both single and multiphase systems in both domestic and industrial applications.
The MI3125E performs insulation resistance testing with DC voltage, evaluates the continuity of PE conductors via the use of 200mA test current (with polarity change), carries out line and loop impedance testing (including a trip lock RCD function), evaluates TRMS voltage and frequency, tests phase sequence and includes the ability to test general and selective RCD (type AC, A).
Metrel’s MI3125E is one of the smallest multifunction testers on the market, making it much more comfortable to use than several other products. It can be easily held in the hands, or it can even be used completely hands-free by propping it up on its built-in tilt stand. It even makes testing easier to understand with built-in help screens for your reference and LED Pass/Fail indicators on either side of the screen which will flash red for a test fail, or green for a test pass.
For added convenience, the Metrel MI3125E multifunction tester has its own built-in charging system and is supplied as standard with a set of fully rechargeable NiMH batteries.
It’s worth noting that the MI3125E is a non-downloadable tester; you will be required to write down results yourself as there’s no way to store results on the tester.
Metrel MI3125E Multifunction Tester Key Features
- Handheld, portable multifunction tester ideal for both single and three phase electrical installations (one of the smallest testers on the market)
- LED PASS/FAIL indicators on either side of the screen show if a test passes or fails
- Built-in help screens – ideal for your reference on site if you’re not sure how something works
- Unique built-in fuse tables allow automatic evalulation of line/loop impedance in line with regulations
- Online voltage monitoring – monitors all 3 voltages in real time
- Future-proof, upgradeable design – if chances occur to the regulations, upgrades can be made to the MI3125E’s firmware to keep you up to date
- Polarity swap – automatically reverses polarity on continuity tests
- Wide insulation testing range – selectable test voltages from 50 to 1000V with readings of up to 1000MΩ
- Trip lock function – Zs (RCD) function performs loop impedance tests without tripping the RCD
- Multisystem testing: tests on both single and multiphase TT and TN systems
- True RMS voltage and frequency tests
- RCD testing (type AC and A)
- Phase sequence indication
- Metrel MI 3125E Multifunction Tester
- Mains Plug Cable
- Test Lead, 3 x 1.5 m (Brown, Green, Blue)
- Rechargeable NiMH AA batteries
- 12 V Battery Charging Adapter
- UK Mains Cable for Charging Adapter
- Test Probe (Blue)
- Test Probe (Brown)
- Test Probe (Green)
- Crocodile Clip (Blue)
- Crocodile Clip (Brown)
- Crocodile Clip (Green)
- Small Soft Carrying Bag
- Short Instruction Manual
- Calibration Certificate
- Hand Strap
- Instruction Manual on CD
Part Code: MI3125E(Size: 949.6 KB)(Size: 445.6 KB)
Metrel MI3125E Technical Specifications
Insulation resistance (EN 61557-2) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy U = 50, 100, 250 VDC: R: 0.00 MΩ … 19.99 MΩ 0.01 MΩ ±(5 % of reading + 3 digits) 20.0 MΩ … 99.9 MΩ 0.1 MΩ ±10 % of reading 100.0 MΩ … 199.9 MΩ 0.1 MΩ ±20 % of reading U = 500 VDC, 1 kVDC: R: 0.00 MΩ … 19.99 MΩ 0.01 MΩ ±(5 % of reading + 3 digits) 20.0 MΩ … 99.9 MΩ 0.1 MΩ ±5 % of reading 200 MΩ … 999 MΩ 1 MΩ ±10 % of reading Continuity 200 mA of PE conductor with polarity change (EN 61557-4) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.00 Ω … 19.99 Ω 0.01 Ω ±(3 % of reading + 3 digits) 20.0 Ω … 199.9 Ω 0.1 Ω ±5 % of reading 200 Ω … 1999 Ω 1 Ω ±5 % of reading Loop impedance (EN 61557-3) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.00 Ω … 9.99 Ω 0.01 Ω ±(5 % of reading + 5 digits) 10.0 Ω … 99.9 Ω 0.1 Ω ±(5 % of reading + 5 digits 100 Ω … 999 Ω 1 Ω ±10 % of reading 1.00 kΩ … 9.99 kΩ 10Ω ±10 % of reading Line impedance (EN 61557-3) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.00 Ω … 9.99 Ω 0.01 Ω ±(5 % of reading + 5 digits) 10.0 Ω … 99.9 Ω 0.1 Ω ±(5 % of reading + 5 digits) 100 Ω … 999 Ω 1 Ω ±10 % of reading 1.00 kΩ … 9.99 kΩ 10Ω ±10 % of reading Voltage Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0 V … 550 V 1 V ±(2 % of reading + 2 digits) Frequency Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.00 Hz … 9.99 Hz 0.01 Hz ±(0.2 % of reading + 1 digits 10.0 Hz … 499.9 Hz 0.1 Hz ±(0.2 % of reading + 1 digits Phase sequence(EN 61557-7) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 1.2.3 or 3.2.1 RCD testing(EN 61557-6) Measuring range Resolution Accuracy ∆N: 10 mA, 30 mA, 100 mA, 300 mA, 500 mA, 1 A Contact voltage UC Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.0 V … 19.9 V 0.1 V (-0% / +15%) of reading ±10 d. 20.0 V … 99.9 V 0.1 V (-0% / +15%) of reading Trip-out time Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0 ms … 40.0 ms 0.1 ms ±1 ms 20.0 V … 99.9 V 0.1 ms ±3 ms Trip-out time Measuring range Resolution Accuracy 0.2 x I∆N … 1.1 x I∆N (AC type) 0.05 x I∆N ±0.1 x I∆N 0.2 x I∆N … 2.2 x I∆N (A type,I∆N < 30 mA) 0.05 x I∆N ±0.1 x I∆N 0.2 x I∆N … 1.5 x I∆N (A type,I∆N ≥ 30 mA) 0.05 x I∆N ±0.1 x I∆N General Specs Power supply 6 x 1.5 V alcaline or 6 x 1.2 V rechargeable batteries, size AA Overvoltage category 600 V / CAT III; 300 V / CAT IV Protection class double insulation COM port RS232 and USB Dimensions 140 x 80 x 230 mm Weight 1.0 kgSKU: n/a